Southside School District to build safe room for pre-schoolers

0
575

Roger Rich, superintendent of the Southside School District, told White River Now’s Gary B. this morning that a safe room will be constructed for pre-school students thanks to a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

“At our pre-school, there are some metal buildings there, and we have our smallest students there with little legs that take them a long time to get from one place to another,” said Rich. “And they’re there from six in the morning to six at night, and you know, you never know when a storm is coming through.”

The grant for construction will be $350,000 — 75 percent will be paid by FEMA with the school picking up the remaining 25 percent. Construction will begin upon approval of the plans, said Rich.

Listen to more of Rich’s comments below.

Southside

Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. and Ozark Newsline on Arkansas 103.3, 93 KZLE, and other W.R.D. Entertainment radio stations. If you have a news tip or event to promote, email White River Now at news@whiterivernow.com.

Leave a Reply