The Citizens Bank Travel Club will host a presentation on Tuesday, Feb. 20, about “Exploring the Alpine Countries,” a 13-day trip to Austria, Germany, and Switzerland, scheduled for October 4 through 16. The presentation, which is open to the public, will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Citizens Bank Annex, at 285 East College in Batesville.
“This is our next spectacular international trip, and reservations are filling up quickly,” said Chuck Jones, Citizens Bank’s chief communications officer, who coordinates Travel Club activities with his wife, Sarah.
“While in the Alpine countries, we will discover storybook castles and glittering palaces, such as the iconic Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria, and Bavaria’s famous Neuschwanstein Castle,” Jones said. “We also will take a cruise on the Danube River; enjoy a Mozart dinner concert in Salzburg; tour the Chateau de Chillon on Lake Geneva; take a scenic train ride to the village of Zermatt, Switzerland, at the foot of the amazing Matterhorn – and so much more.”
Costs and other details about the Alpine trip will be covered during the presentation by a representative of Collette, the tour company that offers travel to destinations across all seven continents. The Citizens Bank Travel Club joined with Collette on trips to the Canadian Rockies last year and to Ireland in 2016.
In addition to “Exploring the Alpine Countries,” the Citizens Bank Travel Club’s upcoming schedule of monthly events includes:
- “The Planets,” a concert by the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra at Robinson Performance Hall in Little Rock on Sunday, Feb. 25.
- “Wicked,” the long-running Broadway musical, at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis on Saturday, March 17, in a matinee performance that has nearly sold out.
- “Mamma Mia,” the popular musical, at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre in Little Rock on Sunday, April 8.
- “Disney’s The Lion King,” at Robinson Performance Hall in Little Rock on Saturday, May 5 – a matinee performance that has already sold out.
- “Georgia O’Keeffe Exhibition” at the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville on June 14-15.
- “Historic Arkansas,” a single-day tour of two Little Rock sites: the Historic Arkansas Museum and the Old State House Museum, on July 12.
- “Eureka Springs,” a three-day excursion to explore, relax, shop and dine in this charming Victorian resort village, on Aug. 13-15.
- “Natchez Fall Pilgrimage,” tours of multiple antebellum homes plus other activities in Natchez, Miss., on Sept. 21-24.
- “Exploring the Alpine Countries,” Oct. 4-16.
- “Petit Jean State Park,” a day trip to Arkansas’ first state park, Nov. 15.
- “Christmas at the People’s House,” at the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion in Little Rock, tentatively scheduled for Dec. 11.
The Matterhorn, one of the stops on the Citizens Bank Travel Club’s upcoming tour of the Alpines / Pic via Citizens Bank