What’s the Good Word at BSD?
Submitted by Michael L. Hester, Ed.D.
Batesville School District Superintendent
- Dr. BHS – Batesville High School’s Awards night in April netted over 4.8 million dollars in accepted college scholarships. 41 four yr. college scholarships, 80+ two yr. college scholarships, 2 baseball, 1 swim,, 1 basketball, 3 volleyball, 3 soccer, 1 football, 2 softball, 1 dance, 3 music, 11 CNAs, 12 welders, 1 EMT, 5 brave future soldiers, four Governors’ Distinguished & 975 college hours earn by the class of 2018. Baseball, Softball and both soccer teams head for the state playoffs this week. Baccalaureate set for Thursday evening and 197 seniors are on deck to graduate Friday night at Pioneer Stadium.
- BJHS – ACT Aspire Summative testing is over! BJHS Awards Day will be May 15th @ 9:30 in the HS gym.
- Central – We finished up our “Difference Maker” challenge and raised $1,049 for different charities. We have also raised over $2,000 for different organizations and individuals with our hat money.
- Eagle Mtn. – We are preparing for our end of the year celebrations. This Thursday, our Archery team is competing in the National Archery tournament.
- Sulphur Rock – May is a great month at SR. We have completed all state required testing and the students all worked very hard. We have been to Branson with our 5th grade and to St. Louis with our 4th grade. We are loving the 3rd grade Everyone is a Swimmer program. We have celebrated Nurse’s Day and Teacher Appreciation Week. This month we have our big faculty and family annual fish fry and meeting. We will be meeting to plan great 2018-2019 school activities for students and teachers. The last part of May is filled with celebrations for the hard work and accomplishments this year. We have Parent Appreciation Day on May 16 at the Batesville Community Center. We will be cooking out and swimming and all parents are welcome.
- West – Our Spring Family Night, featuring our first school-wide art show, was a huge success. We hosted the IBLA International Musicians last week. What a treat that was for our 5th & 6th graders. The third graders are enjoying swimming classes at the Community Center this week. We are celebrating our teachers all week. Many local businesses and parents have donated food and prizes. Flowers’ Baking Company recently made a $1000 donation to our Friday Friends’ program.
- WRA – Updating of our course selections is complete showing our attention to increasing the rigor of our courses available starting the 18-19 year.
- Early Learning – We have received ABC summer funding for an unknown about of children. The STAR program is set to begin Tuesday, May 29.