A months-long investigation by the 16th Judicial District Drug Task Force and the Izard County Sheriffs Department has resulted in nine arrests with several drugs taken off the street.
The sheriff’s department, on Tuesday, May 8, and led by Chief Deputy Earnie Blackley, along with the Drug Task Force, executed nine arrests warrants. Those warrants were the result of drug investigations over the last few months.
- 49-year-old Calico Rock resident, Tammy Gayle Robinson, is charged with delivery of a controlled substance and is being charged under the habitual offender law.
- A 53-year-old Oxford man, David Lee Rigdon, is also charged with delivery of a controlled substance and is being held in lieu of posting a $10,000 bond.
- 62-year-old Danny A. Sturgis of Calico Rock is charged with two counts of delivery of methamphetamine and distribution of the drug near certain facilities (such as a church or school). He was also charged with possession of cocaine and is now in jail in lieu of posting a $30,000 bond.
- 32-year-old Kathryn Pitts of Oxford is charged with three counts of delivery of methamphetamine and is being held on a $20,000 bond.
- 35-year-old Jimmy John Lewallen of Melbourne is charged with two counts of delivery of methamphetamine and is being held on a $10,000 bond.
- 39-year-old Gregory Allen Jones of Melbourne is charged with two counts of delivery of methamphetamine, less than two grams, and one count of delivery of methamphetamine, more than two grams. Jones is being held on a $20,000 bond.
- 43-year-old Rodney Paul Medling of Brockwell is charged with delivery of methamphetamine. He is also being charged as a habitual offender. At the time of Medling’s arrest, several illegal items were observed by authorities. After obtaining a search warrant, authorities came back and took into possession those illegal items. Medling was additionally charged with: possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia with the purpose to use and possession of drug paraphernalia with the purpose to process methamphetamine, simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, possession of a firearm by a certain person, and maintaining a drug premise. He is also being tried under the habitual offender act. Medling was placed on an additional $50,000 bond.
- Tommy Franks is charged with delivery of a controlled substance schedule four. (Many times that is referring to illegal pills.) He is in jail in lieu of posting a $5,000 bond.
- 27-year-old Ashley Monique Webster of Mountain Home is charged with possession ofmethamphetamine. She is in jail in lieu of posting a $5,000 bond.
- Additionally, 33-year-old Erin Kay Couch of Melbourne was arrested and is charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Couch is in jail in lieu of posting a $2,240 bond.
Chief Deputy Blackley said more arrests are anticipated.
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. and Ozark Newsline on Arkansas 103.3 KWOZ, 93 KZLE, and other W.R.D. Entertainment radio stations. If you have a news tip or event to promote, email White River Now at firstname.lastname@example.org.