The Citizens Bank Travel Club has released their schedule of monthly activities for 2019.
“The Travel Club enjoyed a varied calendar of monthly events in 2018, topped by three dozen members exploring the Alpine countries of Austria, Germany and Switzerland,” said Phil Baldwin, Citizens Bank’s CEO. “We also hosted more than 50 guests on a multiple day tour of antebellum homes during the Natchez Fall Pilgrimage in Mississippi.”
The plan for 2019 is to exceed last year’s schedule, Baldwin said, by again offering a premium international trip, a prime domestic excursion, and a wide range of regional activities, including plays, concerts, museums, state parks, historic sites and attractions.
Reservations are now being accepted to experience “Classic Italy by Rail” in October 2019, as well as for a May 2019 visit to the annual Holland Tulip Festival in Michigan – a trip that also features two nights at the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island and additional tours.
The entire 2019 Citizens Bank Travel Club schedule includes:
• “Waitress” – The Tony Award-winning Broadway musical will play at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 17.
• “Something Wonderful” – The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra celebrates Rodgers and Hammerstein at Robinson Center in Little Rock at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 9.
• “Historic Fort Smith” – An overnight trip to be held in March 2019 on dates to be determined soon to experience the rich frontier history of the Fort Smith area.
• “P. Allen Smith Moss Mountain Farm & Garden Home” – A tour the gardens, home and grounds of the TV host and designer, plus a luncheon, on Thursday, April 11.
• “Holland Tulip Festival” – An experience of the European style beauty and Dutch culture of Holland (Mich.), with a stay at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, and more, on May 8-16.
• “The Sound of Music” – The musical story of Maria and the von Trapp Family returns to Robinson Center in Little Rock for a Sunday matinee on May 26.
• “Arkansas Arts Center & Little Rock Central H.S. National Historic Site” – Members will view the Arts Center’s collections, and visit the site of the 1957 desegregation crisis, on Tuesday, June 11.
• “A Chorus Line” – The Tony Award-winning musical about Broadway dancers auditioning for spots on a chorus line will be performed at the Argenta Community Theatre in North Little Rock on Thursday, July 23.
• “Branson” – Details are being finalized for a three-day, two-night trip to include “Top of the Rock,” a cruise on the Showboat Branson Belle, dinner theater performances, and more, on Sept. 17-19.
• “Classic Italy by Rail” – A 10-day trip will begin with two nights in Venice, a fast train to explore the Florence area, and another fast train to experience romantic Rome, Oct. 7-16.
• “Crystal Bridges & Pea Ridge National Military Park” – Members will view a new exhibition about crystal as art dating back to Ancient Egypt; also visit the site of a pivotal Civil War battle at Pea Ridge, during an overnight trip to be held in November with dates to be determined.
• “Holiday High Tea,” Garvan Woodland Gardens, Hot Springs – Members will enjoy flavorful hot teas and light food, then explore over 4.5 million twinkling lights in the botanical gardens on Tuesday, Dec. 10.
Space is limited for all Travel Club events, and several activities sell out quickly, the bank notes. To make reservations or for more information, contact Chuck Jones at Citizens Bank by calling (870) 698-6233, or email email@example.com.