Here is a list Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s recent appointments from the area.
- Lindsey Johnson of Mount Pleasant was appointed to the Izard County Quorum Court as Justice of the Peace for District 7. Lindsey’s appointment expires Dec. 31, 2020. He replaces Blake Johnson.
- Keith Harmon of Batesville was appointed to the Independence County Quorum Court as Justice of the Peace for District 7. His appointment expires Dec. 31, 2020. Harmon replaces Anna King who moved out of the district.
- Ricky Crook of Ash Flat was appointed to the Sharp County Quorum Court as Justice of the Peace for District 5 with his appointment expiring on Dec. 31, 2020. Crook replaces Tony Vaughn.
- Jeff Rutledge of Newport was appointed to the Arkansas Rice Research and Promotion Board with the appointment expiring June 30, 2021. Rutledge replaces Richard Hillman.
- Marvin Hare of Newport has been reappointed to the same board with his term expiring the same time — June 30, 2021.
- Sheriff Christopher Brown of Wilburn has been appointed to the Criminal Justice Institute Advisory Board with his appointment expiring on Jan. 14, 2021. Brown is Cleburne County Sheriff.
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest sports and weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. and Ozark Newsline on Arkansas 103.3 KWOZ. White River Now updates are also broadcast weekday mornings on 93 KZLE, Outlaw 106.5, and 99.5 Hits Now. If you have a news tip or event to promote, email White River Now at email@example.com. Be sure to like and follow White River Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.