Desha Fire Chief Glen Willis said Friday that an overnight explosion and fire destroyed a small home and damaged and RV on Hulsey Street in the Desha community.
According to Chief Willis, a propane tank apparently had a leak that filled the home with gas which was ignited by a propane heater causing the fire and explosion.
The fire caused a considerable amount of damage to an RV parked nearby the residence.
Willis reported a woman did reside at the home but was not there at the time of the incident.
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest sports and weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. on Ozark Newsline, broadcast from the First Community Bank Newsroom on Arkansas 103.3 KWOZ. White River Now updates are also aired weekday mornings on 93 KZLE, Outlaw 106.5, and 99.5 Hits Now. Have a news tip or event to promote? Email White River Now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Add don’t forget to download the White River Now mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.