Featured image: Gov. Asa Hutchinson at today’s COVID-19 briefing.
After holding his State of the State address, Gov. Asa Hutchinson walked out of the state Senate chambers and delivered his now-standard 1:30 p.m. briefing on the latest coronavirus news in Arkansas.
Wednesday morning, the state passed the figure of 1,000 positive cases. As of this afternoon’s briefing, the governor said the latest figure of coronavirus cases in Arkansas stands at 1,075 — a jump of 77 since Tuesday. However, no new deaths have been reported since Tuesday.
- Seventy-six are hospitalized, a figure that has moved up two since Tuesday.
- In terms of health care workers, 13 more have tested positive since Tuesday, bringing the total to 147.
- One new county was added to the list of those with positive cases: Franklin County.
- No new cases were reported at the Forrest City Federal Correction Facility, where there are a total of 24 inmates who have tested positive along with five staff members.
- Over 208 COVID-19 cases have recovered in the state.
- Around 110,000 unemployment claims have been filed, and officials expect more to come.
- And officials say over 14,000 tests have been processed in Arkansas so far.
The new White River Now mobile app has started featuring regular COVID-19 updates and podcasts. In addition to the updates featured on the White River Now family of radio stations, the COVID-19 podcast section also features new interviews with Stone County Judge Stacey Avey, Batesville Mayor Rick Elumbaugh, Independence County Judge Robert Griffin, state Sen. Stu Smith, and state Sen. James Sturch. Download the free White River Now mobile app today from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, and keep up-to-date on all local and state coronavirus information and to listen to the streams of White River Now radio stations.
We also carry live feeds of Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s COVID-19’s briefings on-air at Arkansas 103.3, online at White River Now’s Facebook page, and through the Arkansas 103.3 stream on the White River Now mobile app on Arkansas 103.3.
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest sports and weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. on Ozark Newsline, broadcast from the First Community Bank Newsroom on Arkansas 103.3. White River Now updates are also aired weekday mornings on 93 KZLE, Outlaw 106.5, and 99.5 Hits Now. Have a news tip or event to promote? Email White River Now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Add don’t forget to download the White River Now mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.