A youth summer tennis clinic at the Batesville Community Center will be held beginning in July.
The clinic is sponsored by NEATennis, a regional organization committed to the physical, mental, and social benefits of fitness and tennis.
Beginning Tuesday, July 7, students have a choice of coming twice a week — Tuesdays and Thursdays — for one fee, or once week either Tuesday or Thursday for another fee.
The last session will fall on Wednesday, Aug. 12 instead of Thursday, Aug. 13, to allow for kids to go back to school.
For ages 6-8, the clinic will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Sessions for ages 9-10 will be from 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m. Once a week: $70. Twice a week: $125
Sessions for ages 11-12 will be held from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. while those between the ages of 13-18 will participate in the clinic from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Once a week: $75. Twice a week: $140
To register, head to: https://app.courtreserve.com/Online/Portal/Index/4733.
For any questions, NEATennis director Pat Malone at (870) 834-9576. Or email email@example.com.
NEA Tennis Program safety protocols for Phase 1 COVID-19 guidelines and other important information.
Through July 31:
- No more than six players plus a coach on one court at a time maintaining the 6-foot spacing for distancing.
- No serving will take place during lessons as students will not be allowed to touch tennis balls.
- Students cannot pick up or touch the tennis balls, tennis carts, tennis tubes, nets, gates, or latches.
- Caution tape will be located on some of the most commonly touched places.
- Students can push balls to an area with their racquets.
- Hand sanitizer will be out for everyone.
- Equipment will be sanitized after each lesson and at the end of the day.
- Players must bring their own racquet, towel, water bottle, and fold-up chair to sit. The on-court benches have been removed as a precaution. (If a player needs a racquet to use, we will sanitize before and after the lesson.)
- Players must leave the court immediately after the lesson and not congregate.