The Independence County Quorum Court convened via teleconference Monday evening to discuss an agenda containing two ordinances and three resolutions; approval of a request for additional sick leave fo a jail employee; and approval of an agreement with ARDOT for the use of a tower in the southern portion of the county for communications.
The below ordinances and resolutions were approved during the meeting:
- Ordinance 2020-20 is an ordinance amending Ordinance 2012-48 and reauthorizing the use of the juvenile depreciation fund and for other purposes.
- Ordinance 2020-23 is an ordinance levying the school taxes, county taxes, and improvement district taxes for the year 2020 to be collected in 2021.
- Resolution 2020-11 is a resolution expressing the willingness of Independence County to partner with the Arkansas Department of Transportation for a project on Ramsey Mountain.
- Resolution 2020-12 is a resolution declaring approval of the transfer of ownership of historic bridges.
- Resolution 2020-13 is a resolution supporting Vital Link, Inc. to be the county’s provider of mobile ambulatory services.
Independence County Judge Robert Griffin also requested permission from the JPs to start a discussion with the Arkansas Department of Corrections about alternative use of the former juvenile detention facility in the county, an item that was not originally listed on the agenda.
Judge Griffin shared his hope that the next regular business meeting will return to the Jess B. Carpenter building courtroom as the installation of a new sound system and plexiglass protective barriers should be completed.
The next meeting is slated for Dec. 14, and both November and December business will be handled at that time.
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest sports and weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. on Ozark Newsline, broadcast from the First Community Bank Newsroom on Arkansas 103.3. White River Now updates are also aired weekday mornings on 93 KZLE, Outlaw 106.5, and Your FM 99.5. Have a news tip or event to promote? Email White River Now at email@example.com. Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Add don’t forget to download the White River Now mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.